Tuesday, November 2, 2010

HELP!!!

I have a serious Disney Dilemma! As many of your know, I have been accepted to the Disney College Program for the Spring (starting in January) at both Disney World Florida and Disneyland California! Ahh! So, I SERIOUSLY need some input about what everyone thinks I should do. I have ONE WEEK to decide, or my spots go away. Here is my Pros and Cons list:


Disneyland, California, FRONT DESK CLERK

Pros

- Something new

- Strong LDS base in CA

- I already know my roommate

- (might) put BYU students together

- Could be enrolled in BYU independent study

Neutral

- Program is 8 months long

- Live Downtown

-Work at one of 3 hotels

Cons

- In CA you have to take a class, and there are none I am particularly interested in

- (might) live in an apartment with non-LDS girls

- Not necessarily the coolest job

Walt Disney World, Florida, CONCIERGE

Pros

- Jump start my Disney career

- Live in BYU housing

- Take the class "advanced hospitality management" I am interested in

- can also pick up extra shifts at Everest = make more money

-Can apply for the lodging management internship again in April and start in the summer

Neutral

- Program is 4 months long

- Live in a suburban area

-Work at one of 24 resorts

Cons

- Been there, done that (Florida, that is)


So, that is the whole list (for now, I seem to come up with new things every other minute). Please leave your comments in the....comments, any opinions would help!

4 comments:

  1. Florida! Florida!

    Intelligent and enlightening comment, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I showed this to my husband for review and we both think that you should go for Florida. Cali is always nice, but think about it you're only working 20-something hours per week and that would be fine if you had a bunch of cool lds people who loved to hangout but that's not super likely. Just think about not having that lds connection and having to ditch invites to "get drinks" every weekend for 8 months. That alone plus the fact that you get more money in Florida leads us to FLORIDA!!! Though, I'm sure you'll do great wherever you choose to work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Florida sounds like a good choice with guaranteeing you LDS roommates, even though I would love for you to come to California and it would be fun to have something different from Florida.

    ReplyDelete